Responsible business is one of the company’s most important values since the first year of its operation. Aliathon Holiday Village is committed to managing its business in a sustainable way that will benefit future generations, while enhancing the Aliathon experience for its guests. Throughout the years, we are continuously working to improve our environmental performance in many areas including energy efficiency, renewable energy use, water conservation, waste minimization and sustainable procurement. And in the day-to-day operations of the resort, we have established clear targets for energy, water consumption and waste creation in order to measure our performance. The company has also developed individual Environmental & Sustainable policies in order to comply with International Standards requirements.
The Aliathon Environmental Policy
The following statement of principles and intentions comprise the Environmental Policy of Aliathon Holiday Village, applicable to all activities of the Hotel.
- We are committed to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment with a pollution prevention program.
- We are committed to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations and with other requirements to which the hotel subscribes.
- We are committed to protect the environment through continual improvement of our environmental performance. All our businesses take into account the effects that our activities have on the environment.
- We are committed to continually improve our environmental performance.
- We are committed to provide all necessary means for the implementation of the Environmental Management System
- To understand the environmental aspects associated with our activities.
- To set objectives and targets in order to manage the important environmental impacts.
- To minimise the use of energy and water through monitoring and by increasing the efficiency of use and purchase environmental sound products wherever possible, while upholding the highest standards of comfort, quality and guest service.
- To ensure that all employees are aware of their individual responsibilities for acting in accordance with the policy.
- To educate staff so as to become more environmentally aware.
- To set and review environmental objectives and targets and to implement an action plan addressing waste reduction, energy and natural resources conservation and raw materials and products environmental evaluation. The hotel will provide the necessary resources to achieve these objectives using the best available techniques, which do not entail excessive cost.
- To communicate to our employees, customers and suppliers our policy and achievements in improving our environmental performance.
- To incorporate environmental management into everyday business practices.
- To encourage local communities to engage in environmental management.
Sustainability at Aliathon.pdf
Sustainability report 2016.pdf
ALIATHON ENVIROMENTAL STATEMENT 2016.pdf