Cyprus and Paphos in particular has become a popular destination for Swimming Groups travelling from all over Europe due to the warm climate and perfect temperatures all year round and the many top class swimming facilities around Cyprus. Many national swimming teams have trained in Cyprus including the Swedish and British Olympic Swimming Teams, as well as Dutch, Finnish and Austrian national squads.
Whether you are travelling as an individual swimmer or a group, the Aliathon Holiday Village is the ideal destination for swimmers as it is located within walking distance of the Geroskipou Sports Centre (which includes an Olympic size swimming pool and full training facilities) and close to the heart of the Paphos Tourist area. The enticing array of facilities for every age group has made the Aliathon the first choice for many swimming teams all over Europe.
Aliathon Facilities for Specialised Swimming Groups/Teams:
- Athletics facilities and training resources of the highest standards within walking distance (at Geroskipou Sports Training Centre) with an Olympic size swimming pool sizing at 50 X 25M, 2M deep, with 10 lanes, heated during the winter, available lighting for night time training and changing rooms, showers and toilets.
[For more information about the Geroskipou Sports Centre, please clik here]
- A fully equipped fitness centre
- Plenty of space for team exercise
- Spa centre with qualified personnel
- Sauna and Steam Bath
- Heated indoor pool with Jacuzzi (whirlpool)
- Storage Rooms
- Conference Rooms for meetings and presentations (including TV, DVD, flipchart, overhead projector and Wi-Fi)